Chicago United is a corporate membership and advocacy organization whose mission is to achieve parity in economic opportunity for people of color by advancing multiracial leadership in corporate governance, executive management, and business partnerships.
Chicago United seeks a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our team. The prime candidate is an extremely organized, creative individual with a passion for implementing and enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing and Communications Specialist supports all marketing, communication and public relations initiatives that promote Chicago United’s work to advance multiracial leadership in business. This position maintains all digital marketing platforms and supports the production of collateral for our programming, member communications and special events.
- Create and implement social media campaigns to increase visibility of Chicago United’s mission and work.
- Write creative social media content for all of Chicago United’s channels, highlighting relevant content including organizational announcements, programming highlights, spotlights for CEO’s speaking engagements, constituency news, and commentary on local and national events.
- Collect data and compile reports for social media analytics. Create strategies for increased visibility.
- Provide content and maintenance for organization’s website.
- Track website analytics and search engine rankings. Provide reports and recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and maintain production schedules for print and digital materials.
- Assist in the composition and production of collateral materials for Chicago United’s programming, including PowerPoint presentations, signage, handouts, and summaries.
- Provide editorial coverage and photography of Chicago United events for publication on social media, website and in newsletters.
- Proofread all print and digital material prior to release.
- Maintain digital photo, video and media archives.
- Assist the Vice President of Marketing and Communications as required.
The ideal candidate must be highly detail-oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a marketing communications professional and proven skill managing a range of marketing and communications activities. Must maintain deadlines and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and coordinate projects in a timely manner, sometimes under pressure, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills are required (writing samples will be requested). The candidate must have strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress as well as demonstrated success creating social media campaigns and website content. Ability to learn and utilize technical platforms such as YourMembership and Meltwater Analytics will be required. Familiarity with The Chicago Manual Style as well as video production and photography a plus.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to HumanResources@chicago-united.org Please indicate position title in subject line.