Chicago United is a corporate membership and advocacy organization whose mission is to achieve parity in economic opportunity for people of color by advancing multiracial leadership in corporate governance, expanding the talent pipeline for executive-level management, and growing minority businesses.
Chicago United is hiring an Executive Assistant to the President and CEO. We seek a talented individual, committed to excellence, who enjoys the challenges of a fast-paced environment. The individual should share a passion for diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
Position Summary – Executive Assistant to President and CEO
The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO, Board of Directors, and all levels of staff. This position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide calendar management for the CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact on all internal and external matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with all levels of staff.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Answer CEO phone line and respond to inquiries.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an Executive Assistant including Board relations is required. Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, members, and funding partners.
- Ability to make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information. Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite and Excel.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to HumanResources@chicago-united.org Please indicate position title in subject line.