Associate Director, Membership & Development
With a diverse and highly engaged membership, Chicago United is hiring an Associate Director, Membership & Development. We seek a talented individual with a passion for diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace, who can maintain and build our membership through relationship management, business cultivation and individual engagement strategies. This individual will find personal alignment with CU’s mission and will be responsible for helping to execute our member engagement strategy that includes participation of numerous senior leaders within the member organization. The position reports to the President/CEO. This individual will assist in new business development and work in close collaboration with the organization’s team to build effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive member engagement plan, leveraging CU’s breath of programming
- Maintaining effective research practices to remain abreast of DE&I goals and objectives within member companies; maintain moves management process for prospects and for deepening existing relationships
- Providing support and strategic advice to CU’s leadership and Board in their solicitation of potential member companies
- Coordinate with teammates on events and customized communication to deepen relationships
- Directly manage and cultivate to membership a portfolio of prospect companies
- Maximize fundraising opportunities with members by expanding their engagement with the organization. Provide strategic oversight of fundraising activities including the organization’s largest fundraiser, The Bridge Awards Celebration
- Conduct annual relationship reviews with member companies to ensure engagement, satisfaction and to solicit feedback regarding additional programmatic needs/opportunities.
- Stay abreast of fundraising trends and best practices
- Research grants, write and provide impact reports to funders
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to HumanResources@chicago-united.org Please indicate position title in subject line.